Sunday, August 10, 2014

Beginning the 2014-2015 School Year

I have taken a hiatus from blogging for the last few weeks. My focus during the summer  was reconnecting with my family. I am now back to work and ready to blog for the 2014-2015 year!!

This year I embark no longer to a middle school campus.  I have happily made the transition from middle school to high school. I am the very proud principal of Fairfield High School, Home of the Falcons. FHS has a spirit of family and collaboration unlike any other I have seen. It is going to be an amazing journey this year since so many staff members are already invested, committed, and ready to take on the hard work and challenge of making FHS a shining beacon in FSUSD.

Departments are busy at work collaborating and developing rigorous Common Core aligned units. Project Lead the Way courses are finding more students joining. This year we have a four year pathway for students! One course has students designing and creating original computer applications that will be tested on the newly purchased tablets.  The Scarlet Brigade is going strong and completed an amazing week of band camp. Our No Excuses team is hard at work branding our Student Learning Outcomes. Teachers are moving into newly renovated classrooms and embracing the new furniture design that is highly conducive to group work and student led learning. We are embracing 21st Century skills and methodologies.

I encourage FHS staff to continue to "think outside the box,"  to challenge your students to accomplish more than they thought possible, and lastly to challenge yourself to not be complacent and INNOVATE!

I look forward to  capturing  "Student Voices" this year in my blog posts as well as reinforcing the fundamentals found in Daniel Pink's book DRIVE.  We must have Autonomy, Mastery, and Purpose in all that we do!

To the 2014-2015 year!!!


Many more great things are in store for Fairfield High!

Continue to be innovative, creative, and a model of excellence! 


HAVE A GREAT FIRST WEEK!







No comments:

Post a Comment