Sunday, November 30, 2014

It is all about FAMILY

Webster's dictionary defines family in several different ways. The one definition most fitting for Fairfield High is, "A group of people united by certain convictions or a common affiliation." At FHS we are a family as we are united to educate ALL our students and ensure that all FHS students graduate high school and are prepared for college and career.

Over this Thanksgiving holiday we have all had an opportunity to relax and spend quality time with our own families. For me, the time spent with my family always renews my sense of purpose and passion for what I do in education. I send my two daughters off to school every day to get the best education possible. They come home each day with new stories to tell. Many of the best moments aren't out of a textbook, but the anecdotal stories their teachers have told them. The connections they make with other children and the adults on campus will stay with them for a lifetime.

As this week long break comes to a close, I will miss the quality time spent with my immediate family, but I am looking forward to the time I will be spending with my FHS Family. We have only three weeks left in this semester before we leave for our winter break. That means we have only fourteen days with our students to bring them one step closer to graduating and being college and career ready. Make every minute of every day count. Cherish your students as your own children and pass to them the knowledge and wisdom that has been bestowed to you through your years of experience.




Our ONE goal: To graduate every Fairfield High Student and to ensure that they leave FHS college and career ready!!! Inspire, Engage, Excite, Lead, Foster, Create, Empower!!


Many more great things are in store for Fairfield High!

Continue to be innovative, creative, and a model of excellence! 


HAVE A GREAT WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment