Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Passion is Contagious....

Passion is contagious. You know that person that is super excited about an idea and keeps talking about it, writing about it, e-mailing about it, and sharing it with everyone that they meet? 

When I meet one of those people it always sparks intrigue with me and I want to find out more for myself. The passion and excitement can't be contained within when someone loves and believes in something. It is then passed on to those around them. 

I really realized this with my two daughters this weekend. Back when I was in middle school I took up ice skating. I haven't t skated in years and haven't talked about it much with my girls. However, I still have my last pair of skates and have kept them in good condition because it was a memento of great memories. 

A few weeks ago my niece had a birthday and we celebrated it at an ice rink. My girls skated for the first time and I ventured back on the ice. On the way home from the party I started sharing stories of my fond memories of skating. I didn't even realize what I was doing at the time, but I now know I was sparking interest with my girls. As soon as we got home I pulled out my old skates to see if I could squeeze my feet inside. That was not going to work. But, my oldest daughter was beside herself when we tried them on her and they fit!!  During the week that passed the three of us searched Ebay for skates for me and my youngest daughter. Fast forward to the three day weekend. My girls and I spent two of the three days on the ice. Now, they are begging for lessons and can't stop talking about skating. Why am I sharing this story about ice skating??

As parents, teachers, and caring adults we have so much influence on children's lives. When we share our passions and show our vulnerability kids want to be part of that world. Without even trying we are role models. Without even trying we persuade others to try new things and follow in our footsteps.  When you are passionate and believe in something the energy can be intoxicating! 

What is it that Tony Robbins, Jack Canfield, Daniel Pink, and Oprah Winfrey have in common? They all believe in their "mission" so deeply that everything they say and do reflects that belief. 

Each of you has something you strongly believe in. Ask yourself this, in what ways is that passion coming through each day? Are you allowing yourself to be the real you? I only found out recently that we have three teachers on campus working on original pieces to be published. These teachers write because they love it! Let's share what makes us happy! 

As I often do, I give you another challenge. Tap into your beliefs and your inner drive.  Share with others what you are passionate about. Find joy and excitement in what makes you happy and pass that on. Be passionate and in turn be contagious. 


Our ONE goal: To graduate every Fairfield High Student and to ensure that they leave FHS college and career ready!!! 
Inspire, Engage, Excite, Lead, Foster, Create, Empower!!


Many more great things are in store for Fairfield High!

Continue to be innovative, creative, and a model of excellence!



HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!






No comments:

Post a Comment