Tuesday, March 28, 2017

The many voices in my head......

"The many voices in my head...." was not just my attempt at a catchy title. I am referring to the many messages/concerns/issues I hear from co-workers, students, family, media, and mostly..... my own self.  Some of the messages are competing and it is hard at times to drown out the "noise."  At times it can seem daunting. I truly want to make things right, help those that need it, fix those things that are broken, and make every day better for our students.  My attempts do not always succeed. But, my hope is that those that are on this journey with me, are able to recognize that my intentions are always good and that my ultimate goal is help our "team" unite and become even stronger than we are right now. I believe that with that strength and trust in one another we can chip away at the resistance that some may be putting up that is getting in the way of change. Not change for the sake of it, but change that makes things better for everyone involved. Change that can be seen and felt. Change that is real and empowers both students and staff so that they leave at the end of the day filled with knowledge and joy knowing that things were accomplished, problems were solved, questions were asked, and yes struggles were had.

The reality?? We are all human. We are all trying to do our best. We have many competing interests tugging at us. Therefore, we must support one another. Tonight, a colleague shared with me something that someone had said about me that at first I thought was unfortunate and I didn't think it bothered me. But, as the night went on, I realized that it really did hurt. It wasn't the words that hurt. It was the idea that someone did not see the "true purpose" behind why I do what I do. It hurt because I want nothing more than everyone to be successful. I do ask people to take risks and try new things and I do push them out of  their comfort zone. But, I do this not out of control, but because I want to empower each and every one of them. That one negative voice took over for awhile tonight....However, I now see it as a challenge!! A challenge that I must work harder to show through my actions and words that I am all about positive improvement and a team working together to be champions.

"The quality of every human activity ultimately depends on our motivation." --Dalai Lama





5 comments:

  1. Great post and thank you for taking the time...Sometimes one negative can drown out the many positives we do or are told daily, errggh! I wanted to give you a high five, a thumbs up, a pat on the back for the awesome lesson design and integration of technology in our Monday level meeting! You rocked it! I got your back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Arron!! We must stay united and support one another. Another Vince Lombardi quote that resonates with me, "It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it can be tough when people don't always assume best and positive intentions. Thank you for the honest and open blog - I hope it helps the "team" see the value in open and honest conversation as well. =) Thanks for all that you do to help pull our admin teams forward and stay positive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Connie!! Your mindfulness and self reflection add a very positive component to our TEAM.

      Delete