Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Let's... #RethinkSchool.....

I am a firm believer that all things happen for a reason. People and experiences come into our lives and either leave a strong impression or spur a thought, action, or emotion. Think of it this way, everything is connected; there is an action and a reaction, a force and a motion. I was kindly reminded this evening by a well respected colleague of mine, Lt. Colonel Avery, that we started a movement last year to #RethinkHighSchool. A movement that HAS the potential to impact thousands of lives. I do believe that reminder was just what I needed to write tonight's blog. I don't want to just rethink high school, I want us to #RethinkSchool!! Please watch this video: Designing a Super School

We see the messages all over Twitter and in Educational publications. We need to #rethink our approaches because #KidsDeserveit!!! There are teachers in #FSUSD that are breaking out of the box and creating classroom environments that are not just safe and welcoming, but that are challenging their students to problem solve, critically think,  and take on projects that give back to the community! I  want to hear and share your stories. It takes spreading the message to create a chain reaction. There are some educators poised and ready but are unsure of how to take the first step to #rethink school. I need your help to share what you have done and what you continue to do that is providing an engaging, relevant, and meaningful experience for your students. I encourage you to comment on this blog and share with others to do the same. I know that I can count on Colonel Avery to get his AFJROTC cadets to comment on this blog. We CAN and NEED to do this #FSUSD.

Join me and the other educators that are committed to #RethinkingSchool 

Continue to be innovativecreative, and a model of excellence!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment