Sunday, September 22, 2019

Enthusiasm, Zest, and Gusto

On Friday morning while doing my daily meditation, the focus of the session was on enthusiasm; being intentional about approaching the day with enthusiasm and joy. It was a good message and a good reminder that our mindset can have such an impact on how we see and approach our work. Our mindset can make a situation better or worse, simply by what we are thinking. There were a few challenges that came my way during the course of the day on Friday. Instead of just getting annoyed or irritated by them, I attempted to use a sense of excitement to tackle the challenges. I was not 100% successful, but I did have a more positive outlook than I would have typically.  This will most definitely be some conscious work for me, but it could have such an impactful effect on the day to day.

It wasn't just my morning meditation program that recently emphasized the importance of enthusiasm it was also a common thread through much of the conversations shared during the Student Advisory Council on Wednesday of last week. Student voices are again letting us know that they want to have classes in high school that are relevant and meaningful to the many paths that they may take after high school.  Just imagine how amazing our schools could be if each and every one of us approached our daily work with ZEST and GUSTO.  Just imagine how amazing our schools could be if we approached our planning with enthusiasm and excitement. It is possible, and in order for it to become a staple of our organization, we each need to believe in our work, believe in each other, and make no excuses. I am honored to be able to work in FSUSD because I have the opportunity to be a part of a larger mission, vision, and goal to make the learning experiences for ALL of our students TK-12 as innovative, meaningful, and productive as they possibly can be. There is no room for complacency!






No comments:

Post a Comment